I mentioned a month ago I ordered fabric for Harvest Moon. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped (no stores actually have the fabric) so I'm giving up on Colonial Blue Aida. The middle part of the sky in Harvest Moon is the aida fabric showing through.
I'm instead going to stitch the colonial blue color and make the project cover the entire fabric. I was trying to decide last night when I could order more fabric, and it dawned on me I had a large piece of navy Aida in a kit I would probably never use! Crisis solved! The color shouldn't matter much now that the fabric will be covered.
I got out the navy Aida and cut it to size (with enough left over for some small projects I'm planning for my nephew!) and whip stitched all of the edges. I started gridding the fabric and realized there is an error in the chart. One of the columns is only 9 squares wide instead of 10! It became obvious pretty quickly how much of a nightmare it would be trying to grid
Joyce over at Random Ramblings is hosting the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW) this weekend. I've decided I'm going to treat myself to a weekend of Harvest Moon.
I posted about my 2 year old taking all the DMC labels off my Harvest Moon floss. Like Rhona suggested, I found a DMC color chart at Michael's and it helped tremendously! It truly saved me. I want to thank Jo from Serendipitous Stitching for offering to send me snippets of DMC so I could match and renumber my threads. What a sweet and selfless offer!
I hope to have some Harvest Moon progress to share next week.