Monday, July 13, 2015

New Start | Rocky Point

Dimensions Rocky Point Cross Stitch Update

I mentioned in my last update that I wasn't very fond of Rocky Point. I had frogged it four times before finally deciding I was going to stitch it. Thankfully it is growing on me. I think I'm going to enjoy using the parking technique with this one.

Dimensions Rocky Point Parking Technique

Those are my little butterfly barrettes holding my parked threads.

Parking Technique Barrette Thread Holders

I really happy with how the colors are turning out. This is a reminder of the finished piece:

Dimensions Cross Stitch Rocky Point

I'm concerned that half of the piece is water, but I think it will be worth it.

7 comments:

  1. Looking great!! The water is going to look amazing when done! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm both nervous and excited about the water. :)

      Delete
  2. Just discovered your blog thanks for becoming a follower :). This design is on my own list of stitching wants but probably will never get done lol. It's looking good so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Nice to connect with you, Heather. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. hello Delphyne, thanks for Commenting on my blog about my Christmas start redwork... i could not reply to you because you are set as 'no-reply comment', so i have popped over to your blog instead.

    Good luck with your cross stitch - it looks like a LOT of work!
    Welcome back to blogging

    Bye for now, Anthea at Hibiscus Stitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to figure out how to change my settings. And thanks for popping over!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Delphyne. I'm so glad that you are starting to enjoy it now. The colours are really pretty and I also think the water is going to look amazing stitched. Keep the posts coming I'm looking forward to more.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin